Library Master for Windows 4.0
Library Master for Windows version 4 gives you the renowned
power and flexibility of Library Master with an easy-to-use Windows interface.
More than a hundred new features simplify your research and writing. See also
the new features that have been added in Library Master 5.
There are many advantages of the Windows version of Library Master compared
to the DOS version. Here are some of the more important
More Powerful Database Management
- Store up to 2 million records per database.
- Use up to 65 fields in a database.
- Index any 20 fields for faster searches.
- Use longer field names (20 characters).
- Use longer book names in literature reference fields (25 characters).
- Long database names (254 characters) make their contents clear.
- The Brief View can display up to 20 fields.
- Fields can optionally ask for confirmation of entries.
- Full Year-2000 compliance automatically detects the century of two digit years.
- A new date option allows 2 digit day display (e.g. 02).
- More accurate duplicate record detection.
Design Databases More Easily
- Create databases quickly with a simple Create Database Wizard.
- Powerful Database Templates make it easy to create a database with a standard
- Create database forms with a visual database designer. Drag-and-drop fields into
place and stretch them to any size with the mouse.
- Flexible form design lets you put fields anywhere on the screen. Use a different
field size for the same field in each Record Type.
- Optionally share Database Templates on a network,
while keeping users' personal
databases on their own hard drives.
- Character sorting can use a different language than the system language of
Enhanced Bibliographic Database Structure
- Maintain an online library catalog with a record of borrowers and due dates of
- New Record Types catalog Web pages, email and whole journals.
- Record Types are enhanced to allow more accurate bibliographies.
- New fields include physical description, ISBN/ISSN numbers and more.
More Convenient Searching and Browsing
- Work with multiple databases at once in separate Windows.
- Browse and edit several records in multiple windows.
- Reuse a Search Criteria from the search history.
- Search the records on the screen, a portion of the database or the whole database.
- Search terms are highlighted in the displayed records.
- Mark record more easily with many record management options.
- Only Subsets (formerly called Record Lists) of the current database are listed when
browsing, generating reports and searching.
- Click on an Internet address to view that site in your Web browser.
- Use the right mouse button to select commands from pop-up menus.
Enhanced Editing Options
- Drag and drop contents of one field to another.
- Copy and paste an entire record from one database to another while browsing or
- Enhanced global replace can add text to the beginning or ending of a field as well
as replace text in all or selected records.
- Change letter case of selected text.
- Insert current date and time in a field.
Simplified Creation of Citations
- Copy several references to a word processor in a single Citation Marker.
- Enter page numbers in a Citation Marker with a simple dialog.
Easier Report Generation
- Only Style Sheets, Format Files and Sort Order Files designed for a database are
listed when generating a report.
- Easier design of Format Files with clearer commands and selection of tokens,
commands, and fields from drop-down lists.
- New Format File options include centered headers/footers and positioning of fields
in inches or centimeters.
- Design Style Sheets more easily.
- Measure report units in inches or centimeters.
- Print in portrait or landscape paper orientation.
- Select any Windows font for reports, including proportional fonts.
- Graphical print preview shows the report layout.
- Drag and drop a database to print from Windows Explorer.
- Clearer Sort Order, Format File and Style Sheet names.
More Flexible and Accurate Importing
- Design Import Filters more easily.
- More accurate importing rarely needs cleanup of records.
- Automatically import subfields to separate Library Master fields. For example, in a
DIALOG record with journal, volume, issue, date and pages in one "JN" field,
these subfields are automatically moved to the appropriate fields.
- Special handling of records with missing or different components in fields with
- Replace specified text while importing.
- Remove unwanted text.
- Change letter case.
- Determination of Record Types is more flexible. It can be based on a text or a tag
anywhere in the record.
- Name formats are automatically recognized and rearranged.
- A single Import Filter can contain settings for numerous source databases with
different fields and Record Types. For example, the new ProQuest Import Filter
now supports ABI/Inform, Dissertation Abstracts, Periodical Abstracts, University
Microfilms International, Tax and Accounting, and other database types.
- Use DOS and Windows extended character sets.
- Convert special character symbols.
- Import fields with unrecognized field tags to a specified field.
- Optionally ignore letter case in tags.
- Field and Record Type tags can be up to 254 characters long.
Additional Features in the Latest Version
Library Master for Windows is constantly being improved. The latest version
upgrade (4.15) adds over 200 additional improvements to
make your work more efficient.
Ordering Library Master for Windows
You can order Library Master for Windows
right on this Web site. You can also call 800-763-8542 (toll free) or
480-632-1901 to order with your VISA, MasterCard or American Express.
Registered users of the single user version of Library Master for DOS
may upgrade to the Windows
single user version for only $99.95 US ($139.95 Cnd), plus shipping.
Network versions can be upgraded starting from $299.95 US ($419.95 Cnd)
for a 5-user version.
Others may purchase Library Master for Windows for $249.95 US ($349.95 Cnd).
Special discounts are available for
students and faculty at educational
institutions. A network version is
also available for sharing databases among several users on a network.
For more information or to order Library Master, contact:
Balboa Software Home Page | Library
Master | Data Magician | BookWhere
Copyright © 1999-2003 Balboa Software. All rights reserved.
Library Master is a trademark of Balboa Software.