Library Master 4.15
Version 4.15 of the popular Library Master for Windows
bibliographic database manager adds over 200 new features to give you greater
power in managing your research and writing. Although it is recommended that
you upgrade to the much improved Library Master version
5, version 4.15 is still available.
New Features in Library Master 4.1
More Convenient Searching and Browsing
- Database window size is saved between sessions.
- Sort records on any combination of fields while browsing.
- Preview records formatted with a Style Sheet and Format File.
- Copy formatted records to the clipboard to insert in documents created with other programs.
- Click on a hypertext link to display a graphics or text file.
- Browse bibliographic databases by date.
More Powerful Database Management
- Protect databases with passwords. Allow some users to read a database and others to edit records.
- Use any indexed field as a the default browse field.
- Hypertext Link Data Type links to Web sites or files.
- Show a Splash Screen with a copyright when a database is opened.
- Enter months in numerous languages.
- Improved database repair preserves Subsets when record numbers are packed.
- Read-only databases use simplified menus so users cannot change the database contents.
Enhanced Library Catalog Reports
- Display a list of borrowed books and borrowers.
- Sort catalogs by borrower or due date of books.
- Print book pocket and spine labels.
- Print library cards.
New Mailing List Reports
Broader Word Processor Compatibility
- Compatible with Microsoft Word 6, 95, 97, 2000 and XP. Format citations and
generate reports in the Word format without saving the document in Rich Text Format first. †
- Format citations and generate reports in Nota Bene for Windows files. †
- Improved formatting of citations with WordPerfect.
More Convenient Data Entry
- A field can automatically enter the record creation or edit date and/or time.
- Field Contents Lists return to the most recently used entry.
- Enter an abbreviation, which is expanded into a full field entry listed in a Terms table.
Authority Lists Ensure More Consistent Data Entry
- Define authority lists with a standard set of field entries.
- Select a field entry from the authority list.
- Optionally restrict field contents to entries in the authority list.
Terms Tables Enhance Data Entry and Reports
- Enter abbreviations, which are automatically expand to full field entries.
- Journal names can be automatically abbreviated in bibliographies.
- Author Role and other fields can also be abbreviated in reports.
- Select from lists of thousands of standard journal names in sciences, medicine and humanities.
- Multiple fields can share a common Terms Table. For example, use a common set of names for Authors, Editors and Translators.
- Enter alternative abbreviations for Scripture book names.
More Flexible Report Generation
- Generate reports with fields in columns.
- Style Sheet Aliases simplify designing similar reports.
- Format citations and bibliographies in over
130 bibliographic styles.
- Many Style Sheets are updated to the latest style specifications.
- Create bibliographies in several new formats.
- Conditional hard pages do not use a blank page at the end of a report.
- Sort in several new sort orders.
More Powerful and Accurate Importing
- Automatically detect the Database Type of records in the source file with
many Import Filters.
- Database Type Aliases allow multiple Database Types to use the same field mapping.
- Expand abbreviations in fields while importing.
- Optionally ignore the contents of repeated field tags.
- When editing an Import Filter a back up file is created.
- Repair damaged Import Filters.
- Import with greater accuracy, especially when parsing subfields and determining
the database type of the source file.†
- Many Import Filters have been improved for greater accuracy.
Import From Many New CD-ROM, Internet and Databases
- AARP AgeLine †
- ABC-CLIO on CD-ROM and the Web.
- Cambridge Scientific Abstracts
- Current Contents Connect †
- ISI Web of Science †
- OCLC FirstSearch †
- Nota Bene Ibidem for Windows †
- Old Testament Abstracts CD-ROM
- SIRSI library catalogs (used by thousands of libraries)
- Tab delimited files
- Voyager library catalogs (WebVoyage) from Endeavor
- WebSPIRS Web databases from Silver Platter †
Send Records Directly From BookWhere to Library Master
- Use BookWhere to search
library catalogs on the Internet that use the Z39.50 protocol.
- Save the records directly from into a Library Master database,
without exporting and importing.
- BookWhere is available to Library Master users
for up to a 70% discount.
Export to Multiple File Types
- Comma delimited.
- Tab delimited.
- Tagged text files.
- MEDLINE files.
Enhanced Networking Features
- Use a batch network workstation setup.
- Set the database directory to read-only for greater security with public catalogs.
Greater Overall Program Convenience
- Maintain multiple sets of preferences on one computer to simply management
of multiple projects.
- Open databases with passwords on a command line.
- Restrict the program to read-only commands to protect databases in a public
- Database distribution kit allows you to distribute
read-only databases on CD-ROM or floppy disks with a Library Master reader.
Easier to Use and More Reliable
- Improved performance with large databases. †
- Use accented characters in documents formatted for all versions of Microsoft
Word and WordPerfect.†
- Jump to desired records more easily while browsing by simply typing the
first few letters of a field. For example, if you are browsing by author,
type "Smith" and press Enter to go directly to the first record by Smith.
- Additional keyboard shortcuts save time on common tasks. †
- Enjoy improved program operation, particularly with Windows Vista, XP, 2000,
and ME. †
†Feature added in version 4.15.
New Features in Library Master 4.15
Version 4.15 offers many improvements to version
4.1. It directly saves records from BookWhere
into a Library Master database, offers improved importing, includes
new journal style sheets, imports from new sources, supports newer versions
of Microsoft Word and Nota Bene for Windows, fixes several bugs, and improves
program operation in Windows 2000, XP and ME.
Advantages Compared to Library Master for DOS
Library Master for Windows also has many advantages compared to
Library Master for DOS. Library Master for Windows gives you
the renowned power and flexibility of Library
Master with an easy-to-use Windows interface. Upgrade today to the Windows version of
Library Master today to enjoy greater ease in managing your important information.
Ordering Library Master 4.15
You can order this new version of Library Master for Windows in two ways:
Registered users of any earlier version of Library Master may upgrade
to this new version for a substantial discount.
Windows 8, 7 and Vista require Library Master 5 or later. You can
order the upgrade to the latest version here.
For More Information
For more information or to order Library Master, contact:
Balboa Software Home Page | Library
Master | Data Magician | BookWhere
Copyright © 1999-2006, 2014 Balboa Software. All rights reserved.
Library Master is a trademark of Balboa Software.